I’m always interested in learning about the tools and resources other educators are using. In the spirit of sharing, this post contains a selection of my favorite and most often used technology tools and resources.
What can I say, I am totally biased and I hate dealing with problems!
Software and Web 2.0 Tools:
- DropBox: I love how this simple tool lets me backup and sync files across multiple computers and access my documents anywhere from the web. Can you say, “No more flash drives!”
- Google Docs (Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Drawings, Forms)
- Gmail (Email, Calendar, Video Chat, Phone, Sites, Docs)
- Google Voice: Get a free phone number and voicemail. Forward calls to your phone or access online. Great way to add a “professional”, yet non-school number for parents to contact you.
- 1Password: Never have to remember your passwords again.
- iShowU HD or ScreenFlow: Screen recorders for making tutorials or demonstrations. Simple and powerful.
For making websites, I use the following resources:
- WordPress (free, open source)
- Drupal (free, open source
- Google Sites
- BlueHost.com is a great, reasonably priced host
- GoDaddy.com makes managing domain names a snap
- The Thesis Theme for WordPress is a powerful, easy to modify WordPress Theme
What tools do you use? Share below!